1. What new legislation is going to apply for Ex-products in China?
Regulation CNCA-C23-01: 2019.
2. When will the new Regulation become law?
It will become Chinese Law per October 01, 2019.
3. Does it apply to Ex-products manufactured inside China?
Yes, it applies to all Ex-products listed in the Product Catalogue for Ex-products in China.
4. Does it apply to Ex-products manufactured outside China?
Yes, see answer 3 above.
5. When will all Ex-products in China have to comply with the new Regulation?
Per October 01, 2020.
6. What has changed under the new Regulation, compared to the previous Ex-product certifications?
The new CCC Ex Regulation for Ex-products is a mandatory conformity certification activity, applicable to all Ex-products listed in the Product Catalogue, sold in China.
7. What has changed under the new Regulation, compared to the previous Ex-production quality certifications?
The new CCC Ex Regulation for Ex-products now specifically includes initial audits and follow-up audits, applicable to all Ex-products listed in the Product Catalogue, sold in China. The certification module is:
Ex-Type Examination + initial audit + follow-up audit
8. Are there Ex-products exempt from this new Regulation?
Yes, those Ex-products that are not listed in the Product Catalogue (for example: Ex LED lights).
9. How / where can we find more information or guidance to this new Regulation?
A guideline will be published after the Regulation becomes effective. Details will then be added on the CNEX-Global website.
10. We have an existing valid CNEx certificate. Do we need a new Ex-product certificate to comply with this new legislation?
Yes. However, an existing valid CNEx Certificate could be accepted by CNEx as the Ex-type Examination Report for the new CCC Ex certificate.
11. We have a valid IECEx QAR and/or ATEX QAN for our production quality. Do we need a new Ex-production quality certificate to comply with this new legislation?
Yes. The audit team will check the production quality at the manufacturer according to the requirements of the regulation:
CNCA-00C-005-2014 - Compulsory Certification Implementation Rules – Factory Quality Assurance Ability Requirements.
12. We have a new Ex-product that we want to sell in China. What should we do?
Apply for the new CCC Ex certification of the product according to the new regulation. An Application Form for this can be downloaded from our website at: